We are a fully licensed, insured and bonded company with the goal to provide our customers with astonishing services and the best investment when cleaning and restoring hard surfaces. Our commitment to the Santa Barbara community is beyond personal, and has evolved over three decades. Santa Barbara is our HOME, and we would like to make your home or business the cleanest and healthiest place for you, your family, co-workers and friends.
We strive for 100% satisfaction by providing professional and affordable high quality service. We know that cost is always on the consumers mind, so we offer competitive pricing and a superior service and we know that you will be absolutely amazed at the results. Our certified operators are committed to keeping up on industry trends, and we provide the most advanced equipment in the industry. All this is done to ensure you get the best of the best, which is what Santa Barbara is all about.
There are no surprises & no hidden charges as everything is laid out in an easy to read quote. We’ll clean your floor or hard surface like it has never been cleaned before! And we will prove it by conducting a free on site demonstration. Our experience is that over 95% of those who witness the power of our system during a demonstration want there floors cleaned immediately but we are more than happy to accommodate any schedule.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. CHANGES IN WORK: Should the owner, Owner’s representative, construction lender, or any public body or inspector direct any modification or addition to the work covered by this contract, the contract price shall be adjusted accordingly. Modification or addition to the work shall be executed only when a Change Order is signed by both the Owner and Company (Surface Solutions HSR, further known as “Company” in this document). The change in the Contract Price caused by such a change order shall be agreed to in writing, or if the parties are not in agreement as to the change in Contract Price, the Company’s actual costs of all labor, equipment, subcontracts, and materials, plus a contract fee of 50% shall be the charge of Contract Price. The Change Order may also increase the time within the contract is to be completed.
Company shall promptly notify Owner of (a) subsurface or latent conditions differing materially from those indicated in the contract, or (b) unknown physical conditions differing materially from those ordinarily encountered and generally recognized as inherent in work of the character provided for in the contract. Any expense incurred due to such conditions shall be paid for by the Owner as added work.
2. OWNERS RESPONSIBILITIES: the owner is responsible to supply water, gas, sewer, and electrical services unless otherwise agreed to in writing. Access to electricity, water, and sewer services are required.
Owner agrees to allow and provide Company and associated equipment access to the property and agrees to be present at the start date/time. In the event Owner is not present at the start date/time, Owner must leave signed document with permission to enter or Company is unable to begin work indicated in this contract, and Owner shall be charged a NO SHOW fee.
The Owner is responsible for moving large items of furniture, such as refrigerators, washers, dryers, pool tables, pianos, entertainment centers, large tables, grandfather clocks, etc. and shall not ask the Company or it’s employees to to move or aide in moving such items.
The Owner is responsible for removing and replacing small items from furniture that is to be moved by the contractor and/or surfaces the contractor will be servicing including all types of electronics.
The Owner is responsible for the removal of fixtures, taps, faucets, and other items mounted into counters, walls, showers, or other surfaces to be serviced.
The Owner shall not harass, molest, direct, or otherwise interfere with the Company or Company’s Employees.
The Owner understands that many of Company’s services utilize water and natural stones, clay pavers and other tiles may absorb water. As the water is released from the material a white “efflorescence” may be left on the materials surface. Owner agrees to release Company from claims resulting from or related to efflorescence.
The Owner is responsible for having sufficient funds to comply with this agreement.
The Owner is responsible to remove or protect any personal property and Company is NOT responsible for same or for any carpets, drapes, furniture, drive way, lawn, shrubs, etc.
The owner agrees to release Company of any and all responsibilities for real or imagined damage caused by our attempts to service tile/grout or repair tile/grout, (ie poor workmanship, cracked, stained, etched, or degraded tile and grout, damaged tile, water or other substance staining, bubbles in grout, etc.) Some grout services are warranted for a period of 30 days from completion date.
Owner accepts any and all responsibilities for repairs stemming from acts of God, prior damages or poor workmanship, abuse, water leaks, or any other substance.
Owner is aware and is in agreement that cement/grout cleaning services are ONLY approved under the explicit premise that some stains cannot be removed due to the porous nature of the substrate.
Owner agrees to allow Company to take photographs/video of the service areas/property for documentation, advertising, and other purposes.
3. CANCELLATION: Owner represents that he/she initiated the negotiations for the work described in this contract. In the event the Owner, or their agent cancels this contract, Owner shall be charged a cancellation fee. In the event Owner or his agent cancels this contract after work has already begun, Owner shall immediately pay the full amount of this contract.
4. RESCHEDULING: In the event an Owner reschedules the start of a service with less than 48 hours verbal notice, Owner may be charged a rescheduling fee.
5. DELAYS: Company agrees to start and diligently peruse work thru to completion but shall not be responsible for delays for any of the following reasons: funding of loans, disbursement of funds into control of escrow, acts of neglect or omission of Owner or Owners agent/employee, act of God, inclement weather, strikes, lockouts, boycotts, or other labor union activities, extra work offered by owner, acts of public enemy, riots or civil commotion, inability to secure material through regular recognized channels, imposition of government priority or allocation or materials, failure of Owner to make payments when due, or delays caused by inspection or changes ordered by inspectors or authorized Government bodies, or for acts of independent contractors, or other causes beyond Companies reasonable control.
6. SUBCONTRACTS: The Company may subcontract portions of this work to properly licensed and qualified subcontractors.
7. TAXES and ASSESSMENTS: Taxes and assessments of all descriptions will be paid for by the Owner.
8. COMPLETION: Owner agrees to be present and inspect all work at the time Company declares work is complete. In case Owner cannot be present, Owner shall appoint a person to inspect the work. If no person is appointed or available, the Owner hereby appoints the Company as Owners Agent for the purposes of inspection and acceptance of finished work.
9. INSURANCE: Company shall carry Worker’s Compensation Insurance, where applicable under the law, for the protection of Company’s employees during the progress of work. Owner shall obtain and pay for insurance against injury to his own employees and person’s under Owners discretion and persons on the job site at Owners invitation.
10. RIGHT to STOP WORK: Company shall have the right to stop work if any payment shall not be made, when due, to Company under this agreement; Company may keep the job idle until all payments due are received. Such failure to make payment, when due, is a material breach of this agreement. Owner shall incur a late payment fee and interest on all late payments.
11. CLEAN UP: Company will remove from Owner’s property debris and surplus material created by operations and leave it in a neat, broom clean condition.
12. LIMITATIONS: No action of any character arising from or related to this contract, or the performance thereof, shall be commenced by either party against the other more than two years after the completion or cessation of of work under this contract.
13. VALIDITY & DAMAGE: In case one or more of the provisions of this Agreement or any application thereof shall be invalid, unenforceable or illegal, the validity, enforceability and legality of the remaining provisions and any other applications shall not in any other way be impaired thereby.
14. LATE FEES, COLLECTION COSTS, and OTHER PENALTIES:
A. GRACE PERIOD: No grace period exists. All payments are due by 5 pm on the day indicated in this contract, unless otherwise agreed to in writing. All payments not received by 5 pm on the day indicated in this contract will be considered late and will be subject to late fees, interest, and collection costs.
B. RETENTION: A customer may, at his options, choose to withhold 10% of the total contracted price until Company has completed the work if specific predetermined criteria, outlined in this Agreement, have not been met.
C. LATE FEES & INTEREST: A late fee of 10% of the amount due shall be incurred by the Owner for any payment not made as designated in this agreement. Interest accrues at the rate of 6.5% per month on overdue balances.
D. DISHONORED CHECKS: In the event a check is, for any reason, dishonored, the Owner will be charged three (3) times the amount of the check or $25.00, whichever is more. Additionally, the Company will place a lien on the home/business in or for which the work was performed. Owner shall be responsible for all costs associated with collection.
E. CHARGE BACKS: If for any reason, an amount charged to Owner’s credit card is charged back, Owner shall incur a $50 charge back fee, a Late fee, and interest from said payment due date. Additionally, the Company will place a lien on the home/business in or for which the work was performed. Owner shall be responsible for all costs associated with collection.
F. COLLECTION COSTS: Owner shall be responsible for all costs of collection including, but not limited to; lien fees, attorneys fees, court costs, etc.
15. REFUNDS: All payments, unless otherwise noted, are non-refundable.
16. LIMITATIONS of LIABILITY: In no even shall Company be liable to any other party for the payment of any consequential, direct, or special damages, including lost profits from services provided herein.
17. ATTORNEYS’ FEES & COSTS: Owner, or Owner’s Agent agrees that Company shall be entitled to recover reasonable attorneys fees and court costs in connection with any collection and/or litigation initiated to enforce the provisions of this agreement.
18. CONTACTING & PERSONAL INFORMATION: Any personal information will remain in the confidence of the Company. Owners may receive informational materials, special offers, notifications of upcoming sales, etc. via direct mail, email, texts and/or phone calls and voice mail messaging. Personal information will not be distributed to any third parties, unless directed by a court order.
If your floors, pool decks, garages, walls and more just don’t sparkle like they used to, are dingy or just plain filthy, let Surface Solutions bring them back to life. We provide high end restorative cleaning services to residential and commercial facilities like restaurants, hotels, gyms, and much more.
Contact us today to schedule your FREE no obligation demonstration at your home or business!